Greetings and Welcome!

I've been photographing Wyoming and all of its wild residents for my entire 38 year career, and it never gets old or tiring. If the good Lord gave me several lifetimes I could not accomplish all that I dream of or visit all of the places in this state I've called home for 57 years.

I have two websites currently that showcase my work at www.jerrygeist.com and www.wyomingpanorama.com. There you will see galleries of landscape images, Wyoming's wildlife and wildflowers and special galleries of my favorite place, Yellowstone National Park and my favorite large mammal, Bison Bison or the buffalo as many call them. There is a special gallery dedicated to this fascinating creature and I've even made a special tribute print called 'Tatanka and the Iron Horse - the Decimations Haunting Specter' remembering the near extinction of this most significant symbol of the west. My intrigue for this wonderful animal will continue for as long as I can make trips to photograph them.

You can read all about my work, my career and individual pictures by visiting the website, but here I will share with you special places that have particular interest to me, see how I travel and shoot my images, read about some of my past and present experiences, meet friends that have shared special times with me, hear my ramblings about equipment, and hopefully respond to some of your comments.

Well, that is enough of an introduction. Welcome to my world - Images of Wyoming.

___________________________________

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Art Show Opening

Well, some long weeks of preparation and a couple of restless nights preceded the opening afternoon reception for our art show at Deselms Fine-art Gallery, but the day finally arrived. The reception was held between noon and 4pm on Saturday. Lots was going on in and around Cheyenne, including a motorcycle rally, a mandatory work day for all the Frontier Days volunteers, a meet the candidate reception for mayoral candidates and the list goes on. Inspite of all this and the absolutely beautiful day, an opportunity for locals to get out and enjoy the fine weather, we had a nice turnout.

I met many new folks, even some from out of town, and spent almost four continuous hours talking about the large panorama prints that were on display. You can see hints of the pictures behind me in the accompanying image. Thanks to all who came in support of me and my work. Thanks to Jo and Pat who helped host the reception and to my wife who spent three nights making treats to add to the nice spread provided by Harvey.

What's next? Well Frontier Days starts in just a week and I'll be spending a lot of time at the gallery on the mornings of the parades and pancake breakfasts to meet and talk to visitors about my work . If you were unable to attend the show opening, don't worry. The display will hang until the end of August. I'm almost always available to come to the gallery on request to answer any questions. Just have the staff give me a call and I'll try to accommodate you. Again, my thanks to everyone for their wonderful support.

No comments: