Greetings and Welcome!

I've been photographing Wyoming and all of its wild residents for my entire 38 year career, and it never gets old or tiring. If the good Lord gave me several lifetimes I could not accomplish all that I dream of or visit all of the places in this state I've called home for 57 years.

I have two websites currently that showcase my work at www.jerrygeist.com and www.wyomingpanorama.com. There you will see galleries of landscape images, Wyoming's wildlife and wildflowers and special galleries of my favorite place, Yellowstone National Park and my favorite large mammal, Bison Bison or the buffalo as many call them. There is a special gallery dedicated to this fascinating creature and I've even made a special tribute print called 'Tatanka and the Iron Horse - the Decimations Haunting Specter' remembering the near extinction of this most significant symbol of the west. My intrigue for this wonderful animal will continue for as long as I can make trips to photograph them.

You can read all about my work, my career and individual pictures by visiting the website, but here I will share with you special places that have particular interest to me, see how I travel and shoot my images, read about some of my past and present experiences, meet friends that have shared special times with me, hear my ramblings about equipment, and hopefully respond to some of your comments.

Well, that is enough of an introduction. Welcome to my world - Images of Wyoming.

___________________________________

Friday, July 18, 2008

Magazine Article Now Online

The July issue of Around Cheyenne featured a two-page spread about me and my work. The release of the article was to be in conjunction with the opening reception at Deselms Fine Art Gallery on July 12th, but due to some unforeseen printing problems the release date was delayed.

The magazine has now been mailed and can be found at many locations around the city and state. If you are unable to find the magazine for a first hand look, just go to this link to get the Around Cheyenne Magazine article. I was pleased with the story and there are quotes from several clients who have used my work in their businesses. You can see some good examples of my wildlife portraits as well as two panorama images. If you like what you read, the editor has agreed to host an image with a brief story about how it was made in upcoming issues. I intend to keep the print descriptions short and hopefully, entertaining. Let me know what you think of the article and the pictures. I'm always looking for feedback and would love to hear your comments. Watch for the next issue. I think it will be a wildlife picture and you will love the story behind it - Jerry

No comments: