Greetings and Welcome!

I've been photographing Wyoming and all of its wild residents for my entire 38 year career, and it never gets old or tiring. If the good Lord gave me several lifetimes I could not accomplish all that I dream of or visit all of the places in this state I've called home for 57 years.

I have two websites currently that showcase my work at www.jerrygeist.com and www.wyomingpanorama.com. There you will see galleries of landscape images, Wyoming's wildlife and wildflowers and special galleries of my favorite place, Yellowstone National Park and my favorite large mammal, Bison Bison or the buffalo as many call them. There is a special gallery dedicated to this fascinating creature and I've even made a special tribute print called 'Tatanka and the Iron Horse - the Decimations Haunting Specter' remembering the near extinction of this most significant symbol of the west. My intrigue for this wonderful animal will continue for as long as I can make trips to photograph them.

You can read all about my work, my career and individual pictures by visiting the website, but here I will share with you special places that have particular interest to me, see how I travel and shoot my images, read about some of my past and present experiences, meet friends that have shared special times with me, hear my ramblings about equipment, and hopefully respond to some of your comments.

Well, that is enough of an introduction. Welcome to my world - Images of Wyoming.

___________________________________

Friday, July 11, 2008

TV Spot Aired Thursday July 10th

Hope you got to see the TV show about my work. It was quite flattering. I requested a tape of the show to share with you all, but got a note from the host of the show that CBS would not allow me to post any of their work on my blog. Sorry, I really wanted to share the show with those of you that could not watch, but I did get this comment from Anne Lauricello, the host of the early show. Here are her comments from an email I received this morning.

"I truly meant what I said to Annie -- you have some of the most beautiful photography I have ever seen and I don't believe that seeing it on film does it justice. Good luck with your showings, I'm sure you are getting a fantastic response."


Thanks Anne. I was at the gallery getting ready for tomorrows opening reception and a few of the people that saw the TV segment came in to take a look for themselves. The response to the very large panoramas has been quite positive. Hope you all can make the reception tomorrow.

No comments: