Greetings and Welcome!

I've been photographing Wyoming and all of its wild residents for my entire 38 year career, and it never gets old or tiring. If the good Lord gave me several lifetimes I could not accomplish all that I dream of or visit all of the places in this state I've called home for 57 years.

I have two websites currently that showcase my work at www.jerrygeist.com and www.wyomingpanorama.com. There you will see galleries of landscape images, Wyoming's wildlife and wildflowers and special galleries of my favorite place, Yellowstone National Park and my favorite large mammal, Bison Bison or the buffalo as many call them. There is a special gallery dedicated to this fascinating creature and I've even made a special tribute print called 'Tatanka and the Iron Horse - the Decimations Haunting Specter' remembering the near extinction of this most significant symbol of the west. My intrigue for this wonderful animal will continue for as long as I can make trips to photograph them.

You can read all about my work, my career and individual pictures by visiting the website, but here I will share with you special places that have particular interest to me, see how I travel and shoot my images, read about some of my past and present experiences, meet friends that have shared special times with me, hear my ramblings about equipment, and hopefully respond to some of your comments.

Well, that is enough of an introduction. Welcome to my world - Images of Wyoming.

___________________________________

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Audio Recording #1 - Larry Roop's Grizzly Bear Stories " Larry's Background and Our Meeting"

I promised you some interviews with my best friend and long time colleague, Larry Roop. Larry and I met shortly after his arrival in Wyoming working intially as an editor for Wyoming Wildlife Magazine and ultimately as the state's Grizzly Bear Biologist. Enclosed is that conversation about our meeting and the subsequent work we both enjoyed as employees for the state of Wyoming. Our friendship has lasted nearly 40 years and we continue to shoot pictures together nearly every year. Here is a picture taken of us together in Yellowstone last year.

I felt like this interview was a good starting place to give you some background about Larry's expertise as a wildlife biologist and photographer. Trust me, the interviews to follow will pique your interest and at times make you laugh or reel in horror at these accounts of Grizzly Bears and our encounters with them as people who love and enjoy the magnificent beauty that is Wyoming and its wild creatures.

All materials and information contained in this audio clip are copyrighted and the sole property of Larry Roop and Jerry Geist - Images of Wyoming, copyright 2009. This material may not be used in part or full in any form for any purpose without the express permission of Larry Roop or Jerry Geist. These recordings are made for your enjoyment and education but any illegal use or copyright infringement will be prosecuted.

Click on this link to hear Larry's story of coming to Wyoming. Then stay tuned for more stories in the weeks and months to come. Your default media player will load and begin playing this file after a short download period. This is about a 15 minute interview. Enjoy!

No comments: